Now Hiring: Diesel Mechanic
We are immediately hiring! Come grow with us!
Great benefits and pay based on experience!
EQ United currently has two divisions in diverse areas – EQ Logistics and EQ Systems with EQ Harness. EQ Logistics provides warehousing, transport, and domestic/export packing services. EQ Systems manufactures hydraulic lifting and leveling systems for horse trailers, motorhomes, fifth wheels, motorsports, and specialty vehicles.
We are currently searching for a Diesel Mechanic who will be a part of our growing team. We want your top-notch skills and know-how to keep us moving and you will be responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on diesel engines, trucks, and forklifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform consistent, quality repairs as outlined with efficiency and accuracy according to company maintenance standards.
- Read repair orders, obtain diagnostics information, plan work procedures, and perform necessary repairs on vehicles.
- Perform general and major repair of all systems including engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, HVAC, electronics, and more.
- Conduct repairs and install required parts and components.
- Responsible for detailed, organized documentation of diagnostic findings, repair status, and work performed.
- Comply with all safety rules and standards to avoid injuries to oneself and others.
- Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations governing service repair work.
- 2+ years of experience with tractor and trailer preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Certificate from a diesel tech training school or a minimum of 4 years mechanical medium- or heavy-duty truck service experience in a shop setting or military installation.
- Proficiency with computers and diagnostics equipment.
- CDL and/or ASE certifications preferred. or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment and ability to meet insurance requirements; Class A CDL preferred
- 401(k) matching
- Company paid Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Paid time off (Personal and Vacation)
- Bonus Opportunities
Apply Online Now
You may forward completed applications and/or resumes via email, fax or mail or apply in person.
EQ United , Attn: Human Resources
55169 CR 3 North, Elkhart, IN 46514
Fax: (574) 264-4448 Email: email@example.com